Alert Level 2 Letter

Wednesday 8th September, 2021

Good morning all,

You’ll be aware that all of New Zealand (with the exception of Auckland) has moved to Delta Alert Level 2. Our thoughts and positive wishes are with everyone in Auckland. 

Extensive wastewater testing and the numbers of people getting tested across the country has given the Government confidence that it is safe to allow a shift down to Delta Alert Level 2 across most of New Zealand. 

We are really looking forward to welcoming everyone back onsite tomorrow (Thursday) morning. Today (Wednesday) we will be continuing to support the children who have been onsite at Alert Level 3 while we prepare for re-opening to all on Thursday.  

At Delta Alert Level 2 there is low risk of community transmission and it provides us with a lot more opportunities to engage and connect with others. However, there are still a number of public health requirements we all need to follow. Please do continue to monitor your health and do not send your children to school if they are not well (and please seek advice about getting a COVID test). 

For us at Tahuna School, all the required safety precautions for Delta Alert Level 2 will be in place which include following all the recommendations from the public health experts. This means we will regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, encourage everyone to frequently wash their hands and cough and sneeze into their elbow. 

While physical distancing is not a requirement in schools, we will be doing our best to keep students from congregating in very large numbers and keeping spaces well-ventilated. 

Face coverings are not required to be worn in school. The Director General of Health has recommended that children 12 years+ wear a face covering at school – just as older children are required to wear face coverings in some other places.  The decision to wear a face covering is up to you and your family, whatever your decision it will be respected. 

The school bus and van will run as normal.

The teacher only day for Friday the 10th September has been postponed. A new date to be confirmed. 

Please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or me if there is something you need assistance with. See you all on Thursday!

Kind regards, 

Phillip Otto

Tahuna School